Albaugh & Sons’ Fences in Fairfield, Pennsylvania
A new fence installation can significantly impact your overall security and curb appeal. With Albaugh & Sons, you can be sure to have a beautiful new fence that suits your budget and property. It all begins with deciding on the design, obtaining the right paperwork if necessary, and finding a competent fence company. Albaugh & Sons builds fences in Fairfield, PA, and is happy to build one for you as well!
The very first step in your fence installation project is to determine your fence’s purpose. The purpose will influence everything about its design. A fence can have at least one of three purposes:
- Create a boundary: Some fences just serve to mark the boundary lines between properties.
- Enhance security: You might prefer to have boltered security around your property, especially to protect kids and pets against possible intruders or in the case of a pool fence.
- Privacy: If you are close to neighbors or heavy traffic, it is possible to increase your privacy and even muffle sound with a fence.
Residential fences come in many beautiful styles, and one can customize more than one might think! Regardless, one can find a stunning fence style that suits at least one of the three fence purposes above. Albaugh & Sons features many types of fences in Fairfield, including:
- Split-rail: A split-rail fence is a simple, rural style with fence posts connected by fence rails. It is ideal for rural or suburban properties.
- Picket: A picket fence is a classic and comes in multiple styles such as straight, scalloped, arched, etc. This style is a semi-privacy fence that adds moderate security.
- Privacy: Privacy fences also come in multiple styles like shadowbox, lattice, and board-on-board, and add total privacy from the outside.
- Aluminum/Steel: An aluminum or steel fence adds extra security but offers no privacy. If you are looking for a truly sturdy fence, one of these is for you.
- Chain-link: A chain-link fence is highly advantageous to homeowners looking for an affordable, low-maintenance, sturdy fence.
- Estate/Paddock: An estate or paddock fence has fence posts connected by two or three rows of fence planks. It may have an X pattern on each fence panel. This style is excellent for residential properties and horse pastures alike.
Among these styles, one can also choose from these residential fence materials:
- Wood: Wood fences could be one of numerous types. Pressure-treated pine is common and long-lasting, while cedar provides aromatic, insect-repelling beauty. Exotic hardwoods provide uniqueness and longevity.
- Vinyl: Vinyl is a PVC plastic designed to last for many years with little maintenance. At most, one might need to wash it down once a year. Vinyl is flexible to adhere to countless fence styles.
- Composite: Composite fences are a wood fiber and plastic combination built to last with little maintenance. Like vinyl, it comes in countless styles and colors.
- Aluminum: Aluminum is the lightweight, rust-free version of wrought iron.
- Steel: Steel fences are very similar but provide higher density. Chain-link fences are typically made of galvanized steel.
Permits & Property Lines
Before building fences in Fairfield, PA, you may need to get a fence installation permit. You will also want to know the property line so you can build a fence accordingly. To learn more about what Albaugh & Sons can do for you, contact us today!
YOUR PREFERRED FENCE, DECK, AND HOME REMODELING COMPANY
Albaugh & Sons, LLC is known for high-quality customer service, design, installation, and maintenance. We are proud to offer all of our Adamstown, Buckeystown, Frederick, and Thurmont customers a finished product they are excited to show off. From picket fences to painting, we can help you with your home improvement project. Interested in learning more about our comprehensive range of home remodeling services? Contact us today! We look forward to giving you the home of your dreams.