As you may remember, Albaugh & Sons builds custom decks for homeowners throughout Frederick County and the surrounding area. With more than 10 years in the deck-building industry, we can help make your decking dreams become a reality. Just let us know what you have in mind and we will put together a preliminary design and an estimate that is not only competitive, but extremely accurate. Best of all, we guarantee all of our work, providing our clients a peace of mind that is second to none in the home improvement industry.
Contact Albaugh & Sons today for your FREE estimate.
Your new deck should be a place where you and your friends and family can relax and enjoy the great outdoors. But, as anyone in Maryland knows, the great outdoors can sometimes be a little too hot and humid, especially when directly in the sun. If you truly want to enjoy your new deck, you will need a little shade. The solution: add a Pergola.
Pergolas are built using four support posts with cross-beams and a sturdy open lattice, often adorned with woody vines. The vines form a canopy over the pergola, adding to the pergola’s natural shade.
Benefits of a Pergola
- Shade: First and foremost, a pergola helps shield you and your guests from the sun, allowing you to enjoy the great outdoors.
- Aesthetics: A pergola is an aesthetically appealing way to provide shade. While you could easily add an awning, nothing will give your deck the same visual appeal as a pergola.
- Options: A pergola can be designed as a freestanding architectural element or as part of your deck. The choice is yours.
- Define Spaces: In an open yard filled with little to no hardscape, a pergola helps to define an outdoor living area.
- Plant Life: A pergola is often used as a structure to support vines, ivy, wisteria, or other climbing plants. This simple addition adds greatly to the already tremendous visual appeal of your pergola.
- Home Value: Attractive landscaping can add as much as 20% to your home value, according to home improvement expert Bob Vila. And a pergola is an excellent addition to any landscape.
- And More!
If you have any questions about adding a Pergola to your new deck, please contact Albaugh & Sons at 301-964-9379 or fill out the contact form found on our website. We are based in Frederick, Maryland and service all of Frederick County and parts of Washington and Carroll counties.